26.08.2017

ITAC 2017 - Challenge #3 - Australia & Oceania

I am pretty sure you have already heard about ITAC 2017 - The International Tournament of Art &Craft, if you haven't - you still have a chance to join us!  There are six challenges and every week we are inspired by different continent traditions, art and culture. 
Now is the time for Challenge# 3 - Ocenia - which I am proud to present my artwork.
Click here to get more information about the tournament and current challenge:
>>>> ITAC 2017 <<<<


CHALLENGE 3 – OCEANIA
...The art of storytelling!
 ​
Oceania is a continent containing many low-lying islands which has been populated by countless different ETHNIC groups for many millennia.

Besides English and French, there are nearly 900 other languages in the continent to tell its traditional STORIES AND LEGENDS which have been passed down through the generations. OCEANIAN ART encompasses both material and spiritual aesthetics of the native peoples of the Pacific, (rock paintings, totems…) as well as numerous meaningful SYMBOLS, such as body painting and tattoos, which can often denote the social standing or even the magic powers of the person who wears them. The land itself is often seen as being sacred: the environment and all its variations imposes its COLOURS on the people that live in it, and influences the way they live their lives by the RESOURCES it provides them.

Whatever form your project takes, it should tell a story, be inspired from the images below, and should include at least one of the following elements;
-Patterns inspired by traditional symbols (Maori tattoos, Dots/dashes of aboriginal Arts…)
-Think Monochromatic black and white or think colors of the Earth.
-Some sort of organic or natural material(s) (earth, stone, bone, bark, wood, fibres…)
-Shapes inspired by traditional or indigenous art


I created a big mixed media canvas inspired by Aboriginal art – the colors, shapes, natural elements and hands prints. I did not plan the final look, I just chose the colors of paints and started to create. I played with paints, stamps, layers and details. You can just start creating and then stop at any point. I got carried away with the creative process, but you can actually make less layers and it will also look interesting. So my story which I am telling on this canvas, is that I am being close to the nature and traditions. On my video I have also used Aboriginal music, mostly played with didgeridoo, very old, traditional Aborigine instrument. It’s amazing, deep and true and you can really be inspired by this music itself.

I have a video tutorial showing the creation of my project for everyone who is subscribed to any of the AALL & Create online workshops.







Come and join us today:


xoxo


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Dziękuję za każde pozostawione miłe słowo :)
Thank You so much for your comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...